Decent attempt for maybe 20 words
These slang terms were collected from a variety of sources, and among others the following ones:
* Ken Cage, Gayle: The Language of Kinks and Queens, A History and Dictionary of Gay Language in South Africa
* Robert Owen Scott’s Gay Slang Dictionary
* Gay & Black Glossary by Roedy Green
* Rebecca Scott, A Brief Dictionary of Queer Slang and Culture
* Wei Lee, Dictionary of Gay Slang
* Gary Bowen’s: A Dictionary of Words for Masculine Women.
We also thank here all our readers who sent us new terms, with the needed explanations, origin and so on. It is also thank to them if our dictionary is becoming one of the most complete and exhaustive in the Net.
Hendrik Hartog is Class of 1921 Bicentennial Professor in the History of American Law and Liberty at Princeton University and the author of MAN AND WIFE IN AMERICA: A HISTORY.
In the past few years, however, as issues relating to same-sex marriage have bubbled along — in Hawaii, Vermont, Canada, Massachusetts, San Francisco, and, of course, in the nation’s capital — I have come to realize how wrong I was to demarcate a sharp split between the compulsory heterosexual marital practices characteristic of the nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries and the world of marital expectations and practices that define us in the early twenty-first century.
Designed to sell software, but has some useful tips for recovering MSWord files on Windows.
A dictionary of the slang of the British underworld produced in 1811